Aller au contenu

1ère vidéo de gameplay, vos impressions

HawK-EyE

Messages recommandés

• 3 semaines après...

Dans la dernière update, on en apprends un peu plus sur le nouveau système de dialogue : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/412225

The last thing we want to talk about is the keyword dialog system. Many of our systems are designed to be a modern take on systems from the original Wasteland. We started with the Wasteland keyword system and updated it, adding layers of complexity that enable us to increase conversational reactivity. The foundation of the keyword system is the player building up a keyword library through interaction with NPCs and the world. The keyword list starts out empty, and as you speak with NPCs they will reveal new keywords to you. If the revealed keyword is only of interest to that NPC, it will go into a local list. You can click on words in the keyword list to navigate through the conversation. If the revealed keyword has importance beyond that particular conversation, it is put into the regional keyword list. These keywords are of interest to most of the NPCs you encounter that region. A third option, which is never required, is to type something in – a nod to Wasteland 1’s system. Keywords are also added to the keyword list through perception skill use and environmental description text. For example, if you use perception to examine an object in the world, your observations might reveal a new keyword. Or, if you explored the level and triggered the descriptor text of some object or feature, it too might unlock a keyword. The NPC’s reaction to any given keyword can be affected by a number of factors including: the party composition, previous gameplay choices, previously used keywords, previous player responses to NPC questions, character skills, character attributes, item inventory, equipped weapons and armor, prior party actions, and CNPCs in the party. In other words, there isn't a one-to-one correlation between keywords and the NPC’s response. It is important that the player listens to (reads) what the NPCs are saying, because often you can judge by their tone the right way to approach the conversation. For instance, in some cases using a keyword at a particular point of the conversation changes the NPC’s answer to other keywords, or even ends the conversation all together. One of the suggestions from the fans was that the Ranger party should deliver a line of dialog instead of just barking a keyword. We really love this idea. Having full sentences creates a natural conversation flow. Additionally, this approach allows us to remove the ambiguity of keywords – holding your mouse over a keyword will show you a preview of the sentence your Rangers will say. A working example: NPC Bob, who is guarding some guns, has intro text that reveals two keywords he has more to say about. Clicking on Bob starts the dialog: – “Hey strangers, we don’t normally see people out so far into the wasteland. Be careful, it is really out here unless you are heavily .” This introduces two keywords to the player that they can use to converse with NPC Bob, and . Using the keyword will prompt NPC Bob give you more information about what is up ahead. –“What is so dangerous about these canyons?” – “These canyons are crawling with the outcasts of every crappy society in the wasteland. You had better watch your step.” Using the keyword will have NPC Bob tell you about a possible mission. –“How do you think we should be armed?” – “It is best to have a lot of hollow point ammo out here for all the mutant creatures wandering around. I just came from a cave at the end of that canyon where I found a half destroyed case of ammo. You are welcome to help yourself if you find them. You are going to need all the help you can get out here.” It sounds promising enough, but if the party heads for that cave they will find themselves in an ambush from the Red Skorpion Militia. If you had used perception on Bob before talking to him, and you passed the perception skill check, the examine text would have revealed that Bob has the insignia of the Red Skorpion militia tattooed on his neck under his collar. This would put into your local keywords for your conversation with NPC Bob. Holding your mouse over , shows the sentence, “I see you are a member of the Red Skorpions.” The Rangers already know that the Red Skorpions are out to get them so calling out Bob as being one can have several effects on the conversation. For example, if you start the conversation by using , Bob’s response would be to admit to being a member. Now when you mention , which had Bob give you the Trap/Mission before, he no longer tries to bait you, but he doesn’t warn you about it either: –“I see you are a member of the Red Skorpions.” – “So what if I am? What are you going to do, shoot me just for having a tattoo? – “How do you think we should be armed?” – “Now that I think about it, I could really care less. Leave me alone and go bother someone else.” Knowing that the Red Skorpions are your enemy, you might cleverly choose to hold off revealing to Bob that you know he is one. If you wait to use the keyword until after you had used (in which Bob tries to lure you into the trap), Bob would cave and tell you everything: – “How do you think we should be armed?” – “It is best to have a lot of hollow point ammo out here for all the mutant creatures wandering around. I just came from a cave at the end of that canyon where I found a half destroyed case of ammo. You are welcome to help yourself if you find them. You are going to need all the help you can get out here.” –“I see you are a member of the Red Skorpions.” – “Okay, okay, you caught me. Listen, don’t kill me, I am only following orders. There is a patrol of Skorpions on the rim of the canyon ahead and I was supposed to send you down there. Meow that I warned you please let me live!” If you had explored the entire canyon before you got to Bob and you had found some blood stains on the ground you could use "" as a keyword and get Bob to inadvertently tell you about the cave full of loot he was looking for at the end of the yellow canyon. – “What can you tell us about the blood stains on the trail?” – “Oh, that was me. I was looking for a weapons stash I had heard about in that canyon and I was jumped by a pissed-off Honey Badger.” This essentially gives you a hint to find an inconspicuous cave that you wouldn’t get from just the Bob’s original keywords. Extending the above example, if your party had Red Skorpion armor equipped when you started that same conversation, it would change Bob’s intro text, and instead of him offering you keywords about and , he would just give you a line about how you are late to the ambush and the rest of the Skorpions are up ahead in the canyon. If you also had Rick Baychowski, who is on good terms with the Red Skorpions, in your party as a CNPC, Bob would greet Rick in his intro line. He would also reveal the ambush up ahead, and tell the party they can find some ammo in a shed down the path to the right. Events outside of the conversation can also unlock local keywords. For example, another NPC, Jim, might ask you to let Bob know his sister Sarah had just died. When then talking with Bob, he still delivers his intro line offering up the and keywords, but you also see the keyword . Holding the mouse over , you see the sentence “Jim just told me your sister is dead.” Clicking puts Bob into a panic and he runs away leaving you access to the gun cache. This might have been the only way to get those guns without killing Bob, and you couldn’t have done it if you didn’t talk to Jim first. Keep in mind that in this example, you still had the option of shooting Bob in the head before any of this dialog happened. This would have had its own level of reactivity. It would have given you access to the guns he was guarding but brought the ambush fight to this location. Meanwhile, using stealth to quietly kill Bob before talking to him gets you the guns without the fight – though you might stumble into the ambush later unless you learn about it another way. We hope you have enjoyed reading more about some of our systems in Wasteland 2. We want to continue this dialog with you and are always reading what you post. In the coming weeks and months we will be uploading more videos and posting more updates to show you what we’re up to here at inXile. As always, thanks for your support.

Keyword Dialog System

>NPC Bobdangerousarmed
dangerousarmeddangerous
>Ranger Party (keyword = dangerous)
>NPC Bob
armed
>Ranger Party (keyword = armed)
>NPC Bob

Red Skorpion Red Skorpion
Red Skorpionarmed
>Ranger Party (keyword = Red Skorpions)
>NPC Bob
>NPC Bob
Red Skorpionarmed
>NPC Bob
>Ranger Party (keyword = Red Skorpions)
>NPC Bob
blood stains
>Ranger Party (keyword = blood stains)
>NPC Bob

dangerousarmed

dangerousarmedSarahSarahSarah

Si vous arrivez pas à comprendre l'anglais ou que vous voulez en savoir plus, demandez ici ^^

Finalement ce système ça va être pas si mal, vous en pensez quoi ?

pour me contacter: [email protected] -> [email protected]

• 3 mois après...
  • 6 mois après...
Invité
Répondre à ce sujet…

×   Collé en tant que texte enrichi.   Coller en tant que texte brut à la place

Seulement 75 émoticônes maximum sont autorisées.

×   Votre lien a été automatiquement intégré.   Afficher plutôt comme un lien

×   Votre contenu précédent a été rétabli.   Vider l’éditeur

×   Vous ne pouvez pas directement coller des images. Envoyez-les depuis votre ordinateur ou insérez-les depuis une URL.

• Créer...