Aller au contenu

NA PVP Unification proposal

MrBungle

Messages recommandés

I have a proposal for the future of our fine organization. It has come to my knowledge that it is possible to request a faction name from the admins/developers to be put in the game. So, a couple of us had a discussion, a few days a go, about making a North Alliance faction that will have a base in the north, near all the PvP towns. Basically, all PvP characters from NA will be introduced into a new faction (same name as before, North Alliance) with its appropriate base. That way town control is simple and does not produce more confusion and sends a clear message to everyone in the game. So, we all act as one, under one name and take cities. Of course, all current factions will still be functional with all its members in them (Cajuns, Orphans, VSB, TMT ...) with their bases and crafting characters and all that, minus the PVP characters that you take in battle. Nothing really changes in the day-to-day life, but this puts us all under one unifying name when we are in combat mode. Any thoughts?

No, they have absolutely no meaning about our behaviour. They really don't care about and should support us if we ask them.

This respond is for me or for MrBungle?

If it is for me :

Solar
Developer
Speech: 50%

Re: PvP, Town Control, Perm control
« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:44:53 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, we want there to be more factions than just NA vs DA or anything similar, so rewarding for allies would be opposite to that.

Report to moderator Logged

so are you all discussing this or is it a no-go? if this would be accepted,it would be a good idea to spend all collective money earned from town control on funding mutant mercs for battles.it is usefull and we would avoid arguments about it.

Name is of secondary importance here. Anything will do as far as i care. Judging by recent trends, mutants are a must in all future fights. So by bringing mutants into the fight, it is a lot safer if everybody is in the same faction so we avoid any "accidents" caused by mutants. Also, we can pool our money together and buy all the mutants we need. In addition,i believe it would have a positive effect on our fractioned alliance, if we all fight under the same name. The proposal is still on the table, i wish more people would express their opinion on this, since it seems all this is falling on deaf ears.

I agree with MrBungle, one name, one faction mean more cohesion and stability, and a strong signal to the whole server. Previously, i had the idea of buying a base only for operation : the aim for NA might be to regroup in this place and evaluate forces. Then talking about deployment strategy. Another little suggestion for every teams, we use permanent radio signal as rally points around pvp cities : ennemy cannot see it, and we can regroup on it without radio, equip and healing ourselves, and get back to the battle really faster. It could be interesting for each teams to adopt this strategy i think.

aoplogowiki.png
FOnline: Ashes of Phoenix

No Fate No Fear

I see only advantages in having at least our pvp chars under one banner: -better visibility on the Pip-boy and in the Fonline community. -giving the game a sort of folklore instead of just a bunch of players gathering to crash everybody on their way.. -no problem with the "which team takes the town", "who has charisma", "who is vilified", "who's char is on the right team", etc... -making our alliance and friendship more official and stronger. I agree with Le Mark about the name, we should create a base with one of the generic names so GMs are pushed to give us what we want when they ll see the pipboy full of the same "Generic Name xx" under every TC.

Maybe we can link this discussion with discussion about sharing a base near NCR for medics and share a meat source.

the original discussion is in french : http://www.fallout-3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3123

The idea of the thread is about making a shared base to craft "industrially" psychos and others stim.

I'm not sure we need a North Alliance camp in the south, but i think that many teams could have an interest into this proposition.... Maybe one or more teams already have a base for this purpose. If it's the case, let us know :)

aoplogowiki.png

No Fate No Fear

It would be a good time to buy this base yes, as you know can Cajuns are managing to optimize their organisation as big clan, it's why we are not a lot at battle since 2 days. We changed our organisation by making little squads of 4/5 players, with each their bases, but all pvp characters are still cajuns. It's why it could be the good time to buy a generic base and suscribe every members from NA, and be ready to invade "their" city before the end of the week.

aoplogowiki.png

No Fate No Fear

Well since there won't be any PVP action in the next couple of days i suggest we try to organise this. Couple of steps: - compile the list of all PVP characters that will be a part of this new faction - kicking them out of their factions, and putting them on friend status in their current bases so the transition goes smoother/quicker - decide who will be able to add members to the computer (2-3 people from each faction i'd reckon) - pool the money for the base - ?????? - profit! Let's make this happen guys! :cool2:

We made a vote about NA reform. Most of active PvP players did responded.

Question n.1: Do VSB members agree with current considering changes (buying new base with common name (N.A.) for all NA PvP chars?

Question n.2: If VSB gang will be outvoted by other gangs, should we use right of veto?

The voting in VSB has not ended yet, but most of active PvP players responded.

The resolution is:

Q.n.1:

AGREE: 0 players
DISAGREE: 12 players
ABSTAIN: 1 player

Q.n.2.:

AGREE with veto: 12
DISAGREE with veto: 1

whats the reason of your disagreement,if its not a secret??

1) Lost if VSB identity (we are the oldest gang in NA, maybe the oldest active in fonline)
2) Organization and time demands of this change are bigger than income from this change. We should spent time in other activities.
3) Hypotetical worse defense in our main bases (because of lost base position on world map if you die there like a gang friend)
4) Possibility of bad relationship between NA and DEVS
5) All of the idea is bad: VSB is capturing the cities because of fight, we are not fighting to capture the cites. Current NA organization is enough to do this. There will not be any more fights, if we will change NA in suggested way.

1) Lost if VSB identity (we are the oldest gang in NA, maybe the oldest active in fonline)
2) Organization and time demands of this change are bigger than income from this change. We should spent time in other activities.
3) Hypotetical worse defense in our main bases (because of lost base position on world map if you die there like a gang friend)
4) Possibility of bad relationship between NA and DEVS
5) All of the idea is bad: VSB is capturing the cities because of fight, we are not fighting to capture the cites. Current NA organization is enough to do this. There will not be any more fights, if we will change NA in suggested way.

The only point i could see that would make sense is no. 1.
But, it's your decision and i won't try to persuade you differently.

Archivé

Ce sujet est désormais archivé et ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Créer...