Aller au contenu

Outils de modding pour Tactics

HawK-EyE

Messages recommandés

Salut à tous, voici le FT improver, apparement le meilleur outil de modding actuel pour Tactics :

Over two years have passed since I last updated "Sprite Creator". The reason is that I had a lot of duties and problems. This summer I have found a little time and decided to spend it not on improving Sprite Creator but on Fallout Tactics hacking. I have just uploaded to NMA the result of my work, I've created a program which I named "FT Improver". The description of the program is included in the program files so I will not describe it here and please read the readme file carefully, it contains important information. FT Improver 1.1.0.1 gives modders a lot of advantage:
- possibility of adding new action points cost types definitions stored in structure format,
- possibility of adding new animation names,
- possibility of adding new ammunition types,
- possibility of adding new weapon types,
- possibility of adding new weapon sound types,
- possibility of adding new armour types and armour sounds,
all this available directly in FT Tools and in BOS.exe executable file. The program modifies the executable code and data only in memory, so it won't harm your files. I've tested the program and it works correctly.

FT Improver is a modifying program for Fallout Tactics and its tools. It's not only a patch, it adds new possibilities. Nothing is hardcoded in FT Improver. Every patch data is encoded each time you run FT Improver, this is the main feature of FT Improver. Every modder has to add his own definitions. Read a detailed description of each patch. If something will be hardcoded it will be mentioned in a patch detailed description. I didn't add my definitions, I give a modder a complete freedom.

FT Improver should be used by modders. It is modder friendly and gives a modder possibility to add new things to both Fallout Tactics and its tools. If a modder has created a mod using FT Improver, he must also include in his mod FT Improver and its data text files.

Please read the information from "Readme.htm" file to learn what has been changed in the current version of FT Improver, it's very important.

Le très long fichier readme.htm :

© Jarosław Szatkowski "jarekfall" Your suggestions and comments are welcome. In case of bugs or problems please send me an e-mail including a description of the problem. My e-mail address: . Please visit my website: . Please read also my thread named in NoMutantsAllowed forum where you can ask for help in case of any problem with FT Improver or if you want to share with me your suggestions related to next patches to realize. Table of contents:

Fallout Tactics Improver Readme ver. 2.0

[email protected]

http://www.jarekfall.cba.pl

"FT Improver - a way to improve Fallout Tactics"

• What is FT Improver?
  • Who is FT Improver for?
  • System and program requirements
  • Important information - added -
  • Pre-installing FT Improver in a new mod - added -
  • Configuration options - added -
  • Text data format description - added -
  • How does FT Improver work?
  • Installed files
  • Command line options
    • GOTOMISSION trigger action patch - new -
    • Armour types patch ver. 2 - modified -
    • Item use limitations patch - new -
    • Action points cost types patch
    • Animation names patch
    • Weapon types patch
    • Weapon sound types patch
    • Ammo types patch
    • Ammo variants patch
    • BOS tools menu patch
    • Multiple BOS processes patch
    • Impact sounds patch
    • All trigger conditions patch

• Windows XP SP2
      • 128MB of RAM
      • CPU 500MHz with support for MMX instruction set
      • Video card compatible with DirectX 7

• "Text data format description"

• edit the file and add following definitions: mainMenu_functionTest = {FUNCTION TEST} mainMenu_More = {MORE}
        • core\locale\Gui\Gui_text.txt

• FT Improver.exe
          • Improver_shmem.dll
          • All files from Improver_data directory

• improver.useCurrentDir

Improver.cfgImprover_data

• Default value: 0. If is set to 1 FT Improver doesn't try to read the path to game main directory from Windows registry and it assumes that FT Improver has been installed in the main game directory. This option can help if the game has not been installed or if it has been installed incorrectly.
            • improver.useCurrentDir
            • FT Improver creates 5 shared memory buffers that store patch data used by the game. Each of these buffers has fixed size set in FT Improver configuration file. If you will add to many resources in text files, you may exceed buffer size and then following error message is displayed in a pop-up window: In such case increase buffer X size, size is specified in KB.
            • improver.dataBufferXSize

Patch data shared memory buffer (number X) is full!
            • These options allow user to enable (1) or disable (0) particular patches.
            • patch.patchName

core\tables\campaign.txtcores

ArmourType
              SoundFileNamePrefix
              DefaultSPRFilePathsprites/critters/TwoHeadedBrahmin.spr
              Race

Item use limitations patch

ActionName
              Purpose
              ActionType
              ActionPointsCost

AmmoVariantName
              DamageMultiplier
              PenetrationMultiplier

core\locale\Gui\Gui_text.txt

nameExplode
              name

• "Weapon mode is"
              • "World mode of play is"
              • "Gui Open"
              • "Right click on tab"

• "None" - condition is TRUE if no windows are opened
                • "Inv" - condition is TRUE if inventory window is opened
                • "Main" - probably does not work
                • "Char" - probably does not work
                • "Loot" - condition is TRUE if a window is opened allowing to steal from dead players, a destination PC or NPC must be tagged
                • "Steal" - condition is TRUE if a window is opened allowing to steal living players, a destination PC or NPC must be tagged
                • "Barter" - probably does not work, a destination NPC must be tagged
                • "Options" - probably does not work
                • "Skilldex" - condition is TRUE if a window is opened allowing to use certain skill
                • "Pipboy" - probably does not work
                • "Speech" - probably does not work

• List of patches:<hr> What is FT Improver? FT Improver is a modifying program for Fallout Tactics and its tools. It's not only a patch, it adds new possibilities. Nothing is hardcoded in FT Improver. Every patch data is encoded each time you run FT Improver, this is the main feature of FT Improver. Every modder has to add his own definitions. Read a detailed description of each patch. If something will be hardcoded it will be mentioned in a patch detailed description. I didn't add my definitions, I give a modder a complete freedom. Who is FT Improver for? FT Improver should be used by modders. It is modder friendly and gives a modder possibility to add new things to both Fallout Tactics and its tools. If a modder has created a mod using FT Improver, he must also include in his mod FT Improver and its data text files. System and program requirements Minimum requirements:BOS.exe file in version 1.27, Jun 1 2001 Important information The encoding format of text files has been changed. The new format has been described in section. Before you will start the work with FT Improver you should execute several activities:FT Improver can be installed in any directory. FT Improver uses processor's MMX instruction set to increase its speed. If your processor doesn't support these instruction set an error message will be displayed. FT Improver is able to simultaneously run and control many simultaneously running BOS processes. Pre-installing FT Improver in a new mod Pre-installing FT Improver in a new mod is the best way you can choose. This way mod user has only to run the FT Improver executable file to start the game. Following FT Improver files are required:If your mod installer does not add any information to Windows registry and you don't create a stand-alone mod you can place FT Improver files in any directory. I assume here that user installed his game in normal way, by using game installer. If your mod installer does not add any information to Windows registry and you create a stand-alone mod you must place FT Improver files in FT main directory and set following FT Improver configuration option: to 1. If your mod installer can add information to Windows registry and you create a stand-alone mod you can place FT Improver files in any location and you are also responsible for adding following registry key and value to Windows registry: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications\FTM] "Path"="X:\\Path to Fallout Tactics mod main directory" You are also responsible for creating a shortcut to FT Improver with correctly specfied current directory in the shortcut. Current directory must be set to the directory in whch you will place the FT Improver files. Configuration options This section describes FT Improver configuration options. You can change these options in the file located in directory. You can use MS Notepad to edit this file. Format is: {Option} = {value} Options:Text data format description All text data must be encoded in a form of a structure. Single structure must be enclosed in two braces: {...}. Braces are also separators in case of list of structures. Single structure cannot store a substructure. Anything placed between braces is treated as argument's data, even space characters. Each argument in a structure is separated by single semi-colon character which is a controlling character. Double semi-colons are treated as single semi-colon which is a part of argument's data, not a controlling character. Structure example: {Arg1;Arg2;...;ArgN} A list of structures is also enclosed in two braces, for example: KeyName = { {...} {...} } How does FT Improver work? First starts FT Improver, which dynamically loads the Improver_shmem.dll library to the system memory. Next, reads data from text files located in Improver_data directory that contains FT Improver configuration data and data of each patch. Data is encoded by FT Improver and placed in dynamically allocated shared memory. This memory is allocated by Improver_shmem library. Dynamically allocated memory is mapped into address space of each process. Next FT Improver searches your Windows registry for the subkey "Path" containing the unicode string describing the path to Fallout Tactics main directory. If it's not found, a message is displayed in the pop-up window, then FT Improver tries to use the current directory, it assumes you have placed Improver's executable file in the main Fallout Tactics directory (the directory that contains executable files and dll libraries). I also assume that FT executable file names are "Bos.exe" and "FT Tools.exe". If it fails, it displays an error message and quits to Windows. Each command line option is passed to system function CreateProcessW. CreateProcessW function starts FT process and instantly suspends it. FT Improver inserts the initializing executable code into FT process. This executable code dynamically connects FT process to Improver_shmem.dll library, gets address of a "Multifunction" function from this library. It is a special function, designed for the use in FT and FT Improver processes and for performing many tasks. Improver_shmem library can be imagined as a server. FT process calls "Multifunction", passing to this function controlling parameters. FT process can use data from shared memory buffers, because data buffer addresses are mapped into process virtual address space. FT Improver can't directly insert code to FT process, it has to use system functions WriteProcessMemory for writing to memory and ReadProcessMemory for reading from memory, but dll library can, after changing the rights to FT process TEXT section. Executable code that directly modifies FT process can be executed only in: - FT process TEXT section (executable code section), - FT process stack, - dynamic library attached to FT process (functions can be used or even data section created with execution rights can be used), - memory allocated by function CreatFileMapping with execution rights (since Windows XP SP2) and mapped to FT process address space, - memory allocated by function VirtualAlloc with execution rights and mapped to FT process address space. If everything went good, FT Improver resumes suspended FT process by a call to system function ResumeThread and frees the Improver_shmem.dll library (just decreases by one system reference counter) and ends itself. The library and shared memory is definitely freed after a call to the system function ExitProcess executed by the FT process which also ends the FT process. You can run unlimited number of FT Improver processes simultaneously, they create different shared memory buffers, because each process has different address space, so the pointers must differ in each process. Because BOS process have hardcoded limit for the number of simultaneously running BOS processes set to 1, you wouldn't get any benefit from FT Improver's possibility to run simultaneously many BOS processes, this not refers to FT Tools process. This is the reason for which I've created "Multiple BOS processes" patch which removes the limitation hardcoded in the BOS process. If you are interested in joining in FT Improver project, please contact me. Installed files FT Improver.exe - creates BOS process from BOS.exe file and patches it in memory, Improver_shmem.dll - patches BOS process in memory in run-time, creates shared memory buffers, contains executable code of each patch and performs many other tasks, Readme.htm - this file, Improver_data\Improver.cfg - FT Improver configuration file, Improver_data\PatchName.txt - all files with "txt" extension store patch data in structures. On the desktop, it's created one shortcut to FT Improver executable file. In the Start menu are created three shortcuts, the first to FT Improver executable file, the second to the Readme.htm file and the third to uninstall FT Improver program. Command line options All FT command line options can be used in FT Improver. Here is a list of all documented and undocumented FT and FT Tools command line options. -ailevel [N] : only FT Tools -iamacheater : only FT Tools -p -profile : Turn profiling on, only FT Tools -playInput : only FT Tools -recordInput : only FT Tools -noendgame : only FT Tools -nosave : only FT Tools -nomission : only FT Tools -netcheck : only FT Tools -netcheckFull : only FT Tools -save [savegame] : Start and run this savegame, only FT Tools -mission [mission] : Start and run this mission, only FT Tools -h -hardware : Use hardware acceleration through Direct3D, only FT Tools -bpp [N] : Specify screen bits per pixel N, only FT Tools -width [N] : Specify screen width N, only FT Tools -height [N] : Specify screen height N, only FT Tools -f -fullscreen : Fullscreen mode -w -window : Windowed mode, uses DirectX -s -nosound : Sound off -m -nomusic : Music off -g -gdi : Use Windows GDI, windowed mode only -7 -dx7 : Use DirectX 7 -3 -dx3 : Use DirectX 3 -path [path] : Path to game/mod files FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY -iamacheater: Enable cheating, only FT Tools -q: Autoload quick save, only FT Tools -z: Autoload default mission, only FT Tools -i: Enable sound warnings(for Interplay), only FT Tools -u: Unrestricted Mission Paths, only FT Tools -d: No Damage. Actors are always alive, only FT Tools -n: Turn off AI, only FT Tools -a: No Action Point or Ammo cost, only FT Tools -e: Show World Warnings, only FT Tools GOTOMISSION trigger action patch ver. 1 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x3 This patch fixes bugged trigger action: GOTO MISSION. This action saves the state of current mission and moves a player to the destination mission. The destination mission is specified by key name. Key name must be defined in file in section. If key name is not specified then this action does nothing. Armour types patch ver. 2 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x16 This patch has been created at "gunner's" request and at the request of all Chinese members of modding group from China BN13. It gives a modder possibility to add new armour types for any of races. All definitions are stored in the "ArmourTypes.txt" file located in the "Improver_data" directory. You can place your definitions in the specified place which is marked in the file. Format is {ArmourType;SoundFileNamePrefix;Gender;DefaultSPRFilePath;Race} {...}: Specifies armour type name, this name is used for locating corresponding actor sprite file and for checking the limitations specified for this armour and for locating corresponding armour sound file name prefix,: Specifies an armour sound file name prefix,: If is set to 1, specifies that an armour distinguishes character's gender and corresponding words (Male or Female) are added to armour type name to form an actor sprite file name, if is set to 0 then armour does not distinguish character's gender and no words are added,: This field can specify a fixed relative actor sprite file path, for example: , in this case actor sprite file path generation is skipped. If actor sprite file path has to be generated set the value of this field to 0,: This parameter is reserved and currently not used. I will describe the possibilities on following definition examples: {MyArmour1;Leath;1;0;0} - your character will use sprite file whose name is MyArmour1Female.spr and MyArmour1Male.spr. The third parameter from the left side is set to 1 and indicates that armour type distinguishes character's gender. The second parameter specifies a prefix for armour sound files. "Leath" indicates that new armour will use sounds which are used also by leather armour. {MyArmour2;Pow;0;0;0} - your character will use sprite file whose name is MyArmour2.spr. The third parameter from the left side is set to 0 and indicates that armour type does not distinguish character's gender. "Pow" indicates that new armour will use sounds which are used also by power armour. {MyArmour3;sndMyArmour;0;0;0} - your character will use sprite file whose name is MyArmour3.spr. "sndMyArmour" is a user defined prefix and indicates that new armour will use new sounds. You must create these new sounds, and the sound files must use "sndMyArmour" prefix. Here are some example sound file names: sndMyArmour_Punch1.WAV, sndMyArmour_Punch2.WAV, sndMyArmour_Punch3.WAV, StandHeavysndMyArmourWood1.WAV, StandHeavysndMyArmourWood2.WAV, StandHeavysndMyArmourWood3.WAV, StandHeavysndMyArmourWood4.WAV, ... {Vault;Flesh;1;0;0} - your character will use existing sprite files: VaultFemale.spr and VaultMale.spr, this gives a possibility to bypass race restrictions, without copying and renaming sprite files. Armour sound file name prefix is set to "Flesh" which indicates that the new armour will use sounds of unarmoured character. The removes several limitations specified for Raider and Reaver armours and allows all races to use the new armour types. The UniqueOther race does not have walk sounds, this is a game limitation. With this patch you can create new critters. They must be of UniqueOther race, sprite file must be chosen for the entity directly in the entity editor. Critters must wear new armours, the new armour may be put on in the entity editor or in the game, the new armours will use new armour sound file name prefixes which are used by armour sound files, so don't forget to add new sound files. New critters must use weapon entities to produce new and different attack sounds. This way, you can also change the sounds of existing critter races. This patch does not allow to have new sounds that are specified by a race, for example, sound of critter death. Never use characters specific to your country for armour type names nor for other names. Item use limitations patch ver. 1 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x1 This patch removes two limitations, that don't allow a character of BOS race to use Raider and Reaver armours. It also removes a limitation which does not allow a character of Ghoul race to use Reaver armour. It also inverts default case when no rule will be found for given race nor given item type. By default a character can't use such item. This is experimental version of the patch and can cause unpredictable behaviour of NPCs. All new races and these races that don't have specified limitations nor permissions have now rights to all of items (weapons, armours and other). Don't forget that also actor sprites control whether an action can be executed. If an action does not have corresponding sequence name in an actor sprite file then the action can't be executed. Item use limitations have probably additional meaning. I think that they are a part of game AI controller. For example if a NPC would try to use a weapon of type which it can't use, without item use limitations the game engine would not know whether actor sprite file has required sequences and the actor entity would keep trying to use the weapon without any result. Action points cost types patch ver. 1 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x2 This patch gives a modder possibility to add new action points cost type definitions. All APCT definitions are stored in the "APCTstructures.txt" file located in the "Improver_data" directory. You can place your definitions in the specified place which is marked in the file. Patch restrictions: Some APCT structures differ only by a action name. This name is used by the game to distinguish general purpose actions with not specified action type, such as: reload, useItem and much more. So adding new names in this case is probably aimless. In the entity files only name is stored and it is used by game to find corresponding APCT structure in the executable file. What can surely be changed? You can add new APCT definitions for combat purpose. As to APCT definitions having general or treatment purpose, the "doctor" and "repair" definitions differ only by a name, so you can change only the action points cost in this case. Never use characters specific to your country for action names. Format is {ActionName;Purpose;ActionType;ActionPointsCost} {...}: character string describing an action name,: 0 - general, 1 - combat, 2 - treatment, repair,: 0 - none, 1 - H2H, 2 - melee, 3 - throw, 4 - ranged, single attack, set trap, 5 - ranged, burst and spray attack, 6 - equip, unEquip,: action cost, specified in action points. Animation names patch ver. 1 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x1 This patch gives a modder possibility to add new animation names (sequence names). All animation names are stored in the "AnimationNames.txt" file located in the "Improver_data" directory. You can place your animation names in the specified place which is marked in the file. Animation name and weapon type connect weapon's attack mode with animation definition stored in actor sprite file (files with extension .spr) that contains the same animation name and weapon type name as weapon's entity file. Example animations: "StandAttackWeaponTypeAnimationName", "StandAttackWeaponTypeAnimationNameOverlay", "StandAttackWeaponTypeAnimationNameOverlayOverlay". Patch restrictions: There is almost no restriction, all types of names can be added, but some of existing animation names, such as: Single, Throw have hardcoded, special meaning. They are both used for weapons with visible projectiles and the "Throw" name is used for weapons that don't use any ammo, such as grenades. This is not a restriction because new types of weapon can be added and this mean that "Throw" animation can be used in a new weapon type. Never use characters specific to your country for animation names. Weapon types patch ver. 1 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x1 This patch gives a modder possibility to add new weapon types. All weapon types are stored in the "WeaponItemTypes.txt" file located in the "Improver_data" directory. You can place your weapon types names in the specified place which is marked in the file. Weapon type: "None" has hardcoded, special meaning, when weapon is of this type, game doesn't search for the weapon type name in the animation name stored in the file of type spr, this weapon type is used by grenades, but grenades can also have weapon type specified. Animation name and weapon type connect weapon's attack mode with animation definition stored in actor sprite file (files with extension .spr) that contains the same animation name and weapon type name as weapon's entity file. Example animations: "StandAttackWeaponTypeAnimationName", "StandAttackWeaponTypeAnimationNameOverlay", "StandAttackWeaponTypeAnimationNameOverlayOverlay". Patch restrictions: Some weapon types have hardcoded, special meaning, such as: Knife, Club, Spear, Minigun, Unarmed. When a character changes its stance to prone, he can't shot with weapons of listed types. This patch does not allow specify such meaning for a new weapon type. Never use characters specific to your country for weapon type names. Weapon sound types patch ver. 1 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x1 This patch gives a modder possibility to add new weapon sound types. All weapon sound types are stored in the "WeaponSoundTypes.txt" file located in the "Improver_data" directory. You can place your weapon sound types names in the specified place which is marked in the file. Weapon sound types connect weapon with sound files of type wav which store weapon sounds, for example: "WeaponSoundTypeReload.wav", "WeaponSoundTypeOutOfAmmo.wav". Animation name and weapon sound type connect weapon mode with sound file of type wav, which name is "WeaponSoundTypeAnimationNameX.wav", where X is a number from 1 to 2 and probably can be greater than 2. Never use characters specific to your country for weapon sound type names. Ammo types patch ver. 1 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x1 This patch gives a modder possibility to add new ammo types. All ammo types are stored in the "AmmoTypes.txt" file located in the "Improver_data" directory. You can place your ammo types names in the specified place which is marked in the file. Ammo types connect weapon entity with ammo entity. Ammo type: "None" has hardcoded, special meaning, when a weapon uses ammo of this type, game doesn't search for the ammo entity of this type, ammo count is one and the weapon behaves as a grenade, after the use it's destroyed. Patch restrictions: Some ammo types have hardcoded, special meaning, such as: Flamer Fuel. A weapon which has "Spread arc" set to "None" and uses ammo of type "Flamer Fuel" and uses even only one piece of ammo, shots a projectile and inflicts area damages, also a way how these damages are inflicted is special, behaves like a weapon with "Spread arc" set to "Cone". New ammo types created with this patch behave like single bullets. Never use characters specific to your country for ammo type names. Ammo variants patch ver. 1 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x2 This patch has been created at "destromet's" request. It gives a modder possibility to add new ammo variants. All ammo variants are stored in the "AmmoVariants.txt" file located in the "Improver_data" directory. You can place your ammo variants definitions in the specified place which is marked in the file. Format is {AmmoVariantName;DamageMultiplier;PenetrationMultiplier} {...}: character string describing an ammo variant,: a value specified in percents, for example, a value 10 means 100% + 10% = 110% of base weapon damages, a value -10 means 100% - 10% = 90% of base weapon damages,: a value specified in percents, for example, a value 10 means 110% of base ammo penetration parameter, a value -10 means 90% of base ammo penetration parameter, changes armour damage resistance. Notice that, for example, "Composite" ammo variant has following values: -10, 30, specified in the AmmoVariants.txt file, but the game shows -11, 31. It is normal and depends on floating-point number precision and I guarantee that the encoded values are identical as these from BOS.exe file. It seems that the game does not handle floating-point number conversion to integer values correctly and displays incorrect values in certain cases. Never use characters specific to your country for ammo variant names. BOS tools menu patch ver. 1 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x6 BOS.exe and FT Tools.exe files as you probably noticed have similar size. The difference refers mainly to GUI. Both files contain the same tools. All FT editors are available in BOS and FT Tools files. It means that both files contain also Microforte Sprite and Tile editors and some small tools for testing. So I've decided to finish my work on FT Tools file, I will be working only on BOS file. This patch gives you a possibility to run: Campaign editor, Level editor, Entity editor, Function plotter, Log viewer from BOS process main menu. It creates 3 levels of the main menu with "MORE" and "BACK" buttons. I added some new internal button names so you should edit the file and add following definitions: mainMenu_functionTest = {FUNCTION TEST} mainMenu_More = {MORE} Run "FUNCTION TEST" only in window mode, as there is no quit button. In window mode click on the "X" button of the window and you will quit to the main menu. The PNG to ZAR tool from BOS file doesn't work correctly, it probably needs some preceding initialization, so I didn't include it in the patch, you will have to use FT Tools file to use this tool. Currently the MF Sprite and Tile editors (next SE & TE) are useless, they both require configuration file for image importing. To be honest with you, I'm not going to release these two editors, but don't worry, you lose only a little. They allow only to import or delete a collection of images. All configuration data must be provided at import time, there is no further modification available. You can't work on particular images of a collection. TE is even worse, it doesn't allow to modify sequence of animation frames. SE have limited way of sequence editing. You create sequence by specifying a list of values separated by comma. SE doesn't have an advanced sequence player, as this you've seen in Sprite Creator, special actions doesn't affect the way a sequence is played (not refers to "jump to" and "repeat all" special actions), so overlay sequences can't be played simultaneously. In SE, the options used for changing colors of entire layer's color palette are only for preview, the effect can't be saved in a sprite file. When I changed a step size value for sequence frames, the sequence player started to work incorrectly, this option doesn't work correctly, there is no way to set up a step size for each sequence frame. Generally, these editors would be necessary if we wouldn't have Sprite Creator nor RedViewer. Multiple BOS processes patch ver. 1 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x1 Since FT Improver v1.3 you can run unlimited number of FT Improver processes simultaneously, they create different shared memory buffers, because each process has different address space, so the pointers must differ in each process. Because BOS process have hardcoded limit for the number of simultaneously running BOS processes set to 1, you wouldn't get any benefit from FT Improver's possibility to run simultaneously many BOS processes, this not refers to FT Tools process. This is the reason for which I've created "Multiple BOS processes" patch which removes the limitation placed in the BOS process. Note, that you must not run more than one BOS process in fullscreen mode (DX3 or DX7), because the game can't handle correctly graphic operations and it will terminate itself in abnormal way. However you can use the patch to run many BOS processes in GDI (windowed mode), use command line parameter: -gdi or in DirectX (windowed mode), use command line parameter: -w. Impact sounds patch ver. 1 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x1 This patch has been created at "Corpse's" request. It gives gives a modder possibility to add new impact sounds. All impact sound definitions are stored in the "ImpactSounds.txt" file located in the "Improver_data" directory. You can place your impact sound definitions in the specified place which is marked in the file. Format is {nameExplode} {name} {...}: a name with appended "Explode" is used to specify a sound file name, for example: nameExplode1.WAV and nameExplode2.WAV that will be played when a projectile of "name" type will hit the target or the ground. Can be imagined as projectile destruction sound.: specifies a part of the sound file name, for example: Leath_Name_Burst1.WAV, Leath_Name_Burst2.WAV, Leath_Name_Burst3.WAV that will be played when a projectile or virtual projectile will hit the target which wears leather armour "Leath", which has been hit by projectile of type "Name" and a weapon mode had assigned the "Burst" animation name. Can be imagined as character or armour impact sound. Never use characters specific to your country for impact sound names. All trigger conditions patch ver. 1 Patch creator: jarekfall Patch size: x1 Enables all disabled by game programmers trigger conditions and fixes bugged condition: "Weapon mode is". Now the condition compares currently used weapon's attack mode name with weapon's attack mode name expected by the condition. New conditions:Description of "Weapon mode is" condition. Can be used to check the name of a tagged weapon's active attack mode. A weapon must have specified tag name and the same tag name as tag name expected by the condition. Attack mode names must be selected from a drop down list. I patched the list of available attack mode names, so the trigger editor no longer displays animation names. As an example there is one name "SniperSilent" for the attack mode. You must add your attack mode name definitions to the file "AttackModeNames.txt" located in the "Improver_data" directory and of course specify the name for the weapon attack mode. Never use characters specific to your country for attack mode names. Don't use the same tag name for two or more different weapons. In case of identical weapons, each of them should have different tag name. If the game can't locate any entity with expected tag name then the condition is TRUE. The game analyzes all entities on a map having expected tag names regardless of whether an item or a weapon is in PC's or NPC's inventory or hand or lies on the ground. For example if a weapon lies on the ground and has required tag name and required name of the first attack mode then the condition is TRUE, thus you must also use conditions: "Quantity - Player" or "Quantity - Unit" to check whether a PC or NPC carries tagged weapon in a hand. The predefined by game creators attack mode name "Reload" does not work, for example, in case a weapon has to be reloaded. The condition returns TRUE only in case of tagged actor entities. Of course this case can't be used for player identification because the condition is also true when a PC or NPC with specified tag name does not exist on a map, so in this case it is useless. Of course player identification can be executed by conditions: "Quantity - Player" or "Quantity - Unit". Description of "World mode of play is" condition. If is set to TB then returns TRUE if a player entered turn based mode. If is set to CTB then returns TRUE if a player is in real time mode. Description of "Gui Open" condition. Can be used to detect which window has been opened. A list of possible windows:Several of the options don't work probably because the game stops the main game loop and displays these windows in the pause loop. Description of "Right click on tab" condition. It's TRUE if a player clicked RMB (right mouse button) on a tab containing the name and health level of PC specified by the tag name. It is also TRUE when a player clicked RMB on an image tab of any player in player's team, this is probably a bug.

Et en pièce jointe, le FT Improver 2.0.0.1

D'autres fichiers sont disponibles sur son site :

http://www.jarekfall.cba.pl/index.php?pokaz=files&set_lang=eng

Il y a un patch non officiel pour Tactics 1.27a (non testé), ainsi qu'un éditeur de sprites.

pour me contacter: [email protected] -> [email protected]

• 3 semaines après...

Si on avait eu ce truc à l'époque où on moddait, ça nous aurait évité bien des problèmes. Beaucoup de triggers ne fonctionnaient pas et on pensait que ça venait de nous alors que c'était cet éditeur à la con.

• 6 ans après...

Bonjour à tous.
                  Alors je déterre ce sujet mais c'est pour disons le mettre au gout du jour.

Voila j'ai plusieurs questions concernant cet editeur.

Fonctionne t'il avec les configuration plus moderne ( win7 64 ou 32 ) si oui comment fonctionne t'il car je suis bien largué quant à son fonctionnement.

Je voudrais en réalité faire un truc tout simple comme corriger quelques erreurs telles que les calibres utilisés par certaines armes et la contenance des chargeur de celles ci. Car je ne sais pas si cela viens du mod FOT Redux mais il y a une multitudes de petites erreurs qui personnellement m'horripilent. Lorsque je lance le FT improver que je sélectionne l'editeur d'entité et là je charge les armes que je désire modifier, change les valeur ou autre, sauvegarde et lorsque je retourne en jeu rien n'a changé... Je dois donc mal procéder, pourriez vous m'éclairer?

Le 21/02/2017 à 5:13 PM, Eldrak a dit :

@Madurk Tu t'y connaîtrais toujours là dedans ?

J'ai malheureusement tout oublié.

Il y a un patch pour la résolution de l'éditeur. Pour que les modifications soient prises en compte, il faut bien se créer son dossier "mod" et mettre un raccourci à l'executable avec le chemin de lancement du mod. (Si mes souvenirs sont bons)