Aller au contenu

Gecko

Invité

Messages recommandés

Bonjour bonjour mr dammes.Etant MJ à fallout RPG, j'aurais besoin de renseignements sur la ville de gecko, je connais un certain trucs mais surement que quelques détails ont plus m'échapper.Je voulais donc savoir si vous pouviez me renseigner un peu plus sur la ville, des détails, des rumeurs, les famous personnages etc. Mes joueurs se dirigeant là-bas je trouverais important de mettre une bonne ambiance dans cette ville de zombies :) merci d'avance. Pilouface

Bon déjà il ne s'agit pas de zombies mais bien de "goules" (j'espère que ta phrase était ironique à cause des derniers screens de Fallout 3...)

Si tu n'as pas peur de l'anglais :
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gecko_%28town%29

Sinon, au cas où t'aurais besoin de détails, hésite pas à demander, notament sur le réacteur nucléaire, la "secte du Renouveau", Harold, Lenny ou les goules.

On doit connaitre tout ce qu'il y a à savoir sur le sujet donc hésite pas :

Sur la Fallout BIBLE on trouve ça aussi :

Why was it that so many ghouls left necropolis between Fallout 1 and 2 to settle in Broken Hills and Gecko? Is necropolis empty now? Also, why was it that Harold joined the ghouls? I remember him talking as if he weren't a ghoul; When you type in "ghouls" in the question box in the first Fallout he refers to the ghouls as "them". <dl><dd>Answer: </dd></dl> <dl><dd>Ghouls still have the human need to expand and move on - and in the 80+ years between Fallout 1 and 2, the ghouls spread out from Necropolis in all directions... and some had even left before the events in Fallout 1. </dd></dl> <dl><dd>Necropolis is not empty now; ghouls are still said to reside there, though Set is no longer their leader. It is not clear whether he is alive or dead. </dd></dl> <dl><dd>Harold joined the ghouls in Fallout 2 because Harold is a kindly sort who likes to help people - when he sees a group of people trying to make their way in the wasteland, he tries to step in and give them a leg up, especially when it can benefit life for everyone. </dd></dl> <dl><dd>Wherever a key event in Fallout has occurred, Harold always seems to be right there in the middle of things, helping to push the world along and make it a better place. His wit is a little dry and raspy, but he's got a good heart. </dd></dl> <dl><dd>Harold is not a ghoul, but he is a mutant. What happened to him inside the military base during his assault with Francine, Mark, and Richard Grey is unknown, but it is likely he was exposed to the FEV virus and changed. His last known memory after the attack was passing out then waking back up in the wasteland... changed.

</dd></dl>

<table border="1" cellpadding="7" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="7%">

(...)

</td> <td valign="top" width="12%"> </td> <td valign="top" width="5%"> </td> <td valign="top" width="75%">While there had already been a small number of ghouls in Gecko at this time, more come to the area, and the town of Gecko is formed. The new influx of ghouls bring scavenged technology and know-how, and the power plant in Gecko becomes operational later that year. Vault City looks upon their new neighbors with growing concern.

(...)

Harold arrives in Gecko, and (with a lot of shaking of his head) he does his best to help the ghouls with the running of the Nuclear Power Plant.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

9c. The other question was about renewing. I had always killed the rat God before I got to necropolis. Now I know (as of about 3 days ago actually) that renewing was the term the ghouls used for becoming truly human again. (I had just asked what it was before and what the heck the ghouls meant.) Any further info on renewing would be much apreciated. (though I don't expect you to explain how to actually do it or anything it remained pretty vauge in fallout2 and I just couldn't find a way to get it to happen. Everytime I tried to optimise the plant Vault city would wipe out the ghouls. Was it actually doable or just a clever ruse from the brain to take over the world? (he never did in my games and i didn't have to do anything to stop him, like in the cartoon his plans fall apart on their own I suppose) Thanks for your time once again.
It was not possible for the ghouls to "renew" in Fallout 2 - it was part of the Brain's plans to get them human again (under his control). It is possible to save Gecko and VC - one of the walkthroughs on the Fallout fan sites should have info on it.
And here's what the Brain specifically has to say about Renewal:
<dl><dd>The Brain: Well as part of my plan to rule the world I intend to reward my Ghoul followers by finding a way to restore their humanity. </dd></dl> <dl><dd>Chosen One: How are you going to do that? </dd></dl> <dl><dd>The Brain: When I unite Gecko and Vault City under my rulership I will dedicate Vault City’s medical labs to finding a way to reverse the effects of radiation that turned the people into Ghouls. They will be renewed, reborn, as humans once again. </dd></dl> And:
<dl><dd>The Brain: In order to take over the world I have to make sure that there’s something worth taking over. I need to build a strong powerbase using Gecko and Vault City. </dd></dl> <dl><dd>Chosen One: A rat plotting to take over the world? </dd></dl> <dl><dd>The Brain: Well, despite your feelings about a rodent ruling the world; the actions I propose would benefit thousands of Vault City and Gecko’s citizens. You may not care for me or my motives but the results are still well worth working towards. </dd></dl> Also, according to designer Matt Norton, "renew" was also a reference to the movie (and book) 'Logan's Run.'

Toujours sur les goules :

<dl><dd>Chris Taylor: Ghouls are a type of mutant. </dd></dl> <dl><dd>Harold is a ghoul. He's also a little special. </dd></dl> <dl><dd>Super Mutants are humans with no or minimal radiation damage who have been exposed to FEV. </dd></dl> <dl><dd>Ghouls are humans with significant radiation damage exposed to FEV. </dd></dl> <dl><dd>Harold is, well, Harold. </dd></dl> <dl><dd>Tim Cain: I know we treated him as a ghoul, but not a Necropolis one. He may have been irradiated before or after. All I remember was that he went in there with the guy whose name I forget (the one who fell into the vat and became the Master), and only Harold came out. Harold's memory is totally whacked, btw. </dd></dl> <dl><dd>...most people don't know when they get irradiated, so he [Harold] just may not know what happened to him. I do know that radiation and FEV do not mix. Mutants are immune to radiation effects, but an irradiate human is killed by exposure to FEV. So one thing is sure: Harold is not a mix of radiation and FEV. He's got to be one or the other, and I think he's a ghoul. </dd></dl> According to Chris, ghouls are irradiated humans exposed to FEV.
According to Tim, ghouls are due solely to radiation.
Both agree Harold is special. And I don't mean handicapped.
Officially: Ghouls are a mix of FEV and radiation. Harold is a mutant who resembles a ghoul. Harold may have had some radiation damage before he was exposed to FEV, but his mutation (outside of his surface appearance) makes him different than a ghoul. Most ghouls are the result of extreme radiation + FEV exposure, but Harold's change was due primarily to FEV exposure (again, he could have sucked up a few rads in the wastes without him knowing, especially considering how long he ran caravans in the wastes).
He is hideously mutated enough so that he looks like a ghoul, but he's not technically one, and this is the mistake that Loxley makes (Loxley only judges a book by its cover, and he knows nothing about genetics or anything beyond a surface appearance).
You can call him a ghoul if you want, but the official answer is:
"Harold is Harold." Harold's special.
BTW, glowing ghouls are ghouls that suck up too many rads after they have become ghouls. We originally wanted Lenny in F2 to be able to turn into a glowing ghoul when he drinks too much radioactive liquor, but we didn't put it in.

Hésite pas à demander plus si t'as besoin.

pour me contacter: [email protected] -> [email protected]

Oui oui ne t'inquiète pas pour le zombie... J'ai finis plusieurs fois les jeux et je me suis pas mal renseigner sur le monde afin de mener à bien ma campagne, mais c'est pour compléter mes connaissances sur cette ville car j'aimerais bien donner une vrai ambiance que ce ne soit pas comme quand ils vont dans une simple ville humaine. Ce sont tous de vieux types ayant beaucoup vécu ayant une autre philosophie ou presque, etc...Je ne suis pas fortiche en anglais mais j'essayerais de me débrouiller, merci beaucoup en tout cas pour ton temps passé à me renseigner ;) (Et au passage merci pour le PNO 2.0) Si vous avez d'autres précisions elles sont les bienvenues !

Invité
Répondre à ce sujet…

×   Collé en tant que texte enrichi.   Coller en tant que texte brut à la place

Seulement 75 émoticônes maximum sont autorisées.

×   Votre lien a été automatiquement intégré.   Afficher plutôt comme un lien

×   Votre contenu précédent a été rétabli.   Vider l’éditeur

×   Vous ne pouvez pas directement coller des images. Envoyez-les depuis votre ordinateur ou insérez-les depuis une URL.

• Créer...