Aller au contenu

Sortie de FIFE 2008.0 !

HawK-EyE

Messages recommandés

There are two important things to talk about so we decided to post a little developer blog update to keep the community up to date about the current status of the project.FIFE is still progressing rather slow because of the lack of active developers who can invest time into the project. If you think you could help, please don't don't hesitate to grab the latest code from SVN to have a look into it and get in contact with us after that.We recently released an upgraded compile SDK for win32 systems. You can read about all of this in detail at the FIFE developer blog:http://mirror1.cvsdude.com/trac/fife/engine/wiki/2008/05/29/18.38Enjoy the good weather outside and remember that you don't need a weathermen to know which way the wind blows.

• Réponses 89
  • Créé
  • Dernière réponse

Meilleurs contributeurs dans ce sujet

Tout à fait d'accord mon cher shinosha, maintenant que tu sais comment on fait tu devrais pouvoir t'en sortir non ?Petite aide :La plupart des développeurs étaient assez occupés déjà il y a quelques mois (aaah les études..) et cela ne va pas aller en s'arrangeant avec la récente embauche de jwt (comment quoi, monter des projet open-source ça aide à être reconnu?) Et aujourd'hui ils ont malheureusement encore moins de temps à consacrer à FIFE.Le projet FIFE en est à une phase cruciale de développement et ses membres sont à la recherche de nouveaux développeurs pour les aider.Si vous souhatez en savoir plus, si vous êtes intéréssés, le mieux c'est encore de les contacter directement sur leur chan irc #FIFE sur irc.quakenet.orgLa dernière release de FIFE :http://downloads.sourceforge.net/fife/FIFE_pre-2008.1_r2282_win32.exePour les images et les détails, voir plus haut.

pour me contacter: [email protected] -> [email protected]

• 3 semaines après...

Welcome to yet another FIFE update!

This one covers a whole bunch of aspects. Finally the end of the license switch process from GPL to LGPL is in sight. Furthermore we're currently replacing our unittests, consider to upgrade to the latest guichan release and plan to release a new win32 compile SDK soon. FIFE recently gained some new developers and the datasets branch will hopefully get merged into trunk rather soon. You got curious?

Check out the full news update at the FIFE developer blog:
http://mirror1.cvsdude.com/trac/fife/engine/wiki/2008/06/18/03.41

Still not really convinced? Maybe these work in progress screenshot of maps of the upcoming release help:
Image IPB

Image IPB

Image IPB

• 4 semaines après...

We've done it again! We proudly present the FIFE 2008.1 release :-)

Download:
Source package (FreeBSD, Linux, Macintosh)
Win32 binaries

For the 2008.1 release we decided to stick to the tropical island concept and called our example game "Rio de hola".

Caution: this release is still lacking a lot of polish, especially the "Rio de hola" game that ships with it. It lacks almost any form of gameplay but there is a reason why we decided to ship the release in its current form nevertheless. We planned to release future FIFE milestones under the LGPL to offer a less "restrictive" license to possible FIFE users (we know that the term "restrictive" is just our personal point of view).

We had to clear up the legal situation first and fortunately the software freedom law center helped us with the transition. The agreement of all developers who contributed code that was still used in FIFE was needed and because over three dozens of people contributed code to the project, this took us a lot of time. We were not able to reach all of them so we decided to either remove or rewrite the code of the contributors who didn't reply to our license switch proposal mails (from scratch).

We were able to replace the last parts of the problematic code today so now FIFE is officially LGPL'ed software. We're glad that we were able to make this step after it took us so long and we think that the new license alone is worth a release. Therefore we're proud to finally present the first FIFE release that is published under LGPL 2.1 or newer (your choice).

Engine and the editor tool made _huge_ steps forward since the last release about 5 months ago. Therefore we decided to release the current status as stable release although it offers not many new aspects on the content side and the content that is in place is very likely to change with the 2008.2 release.

The milestone itself seems to be a very important step into the right direction. You can build your own maps now with the help of the editor tool. Furthermore a basic application structure is in place that should give you an idea how can create your own FIFE-based game; this release is stable enough to start working on your game now :-)

Most important changes since the 2008.0 release:
* License switch from GPL 2.0 to LGPL 2.1 or newer.
* Improved map format & resource loading (datasets branch).
* Vastly improved editor tool; batch object loading.
* New (work in progress) Rio de hola demo: new maps, graphics, sounds (still unfinished!).
* Eye candy: stepless zoom (OpenGL mode only), instance coloring & outlining.

Screenshots & videos:
Just two somewhat representative release screenshots.

Rio de hola:
Image IPB

Editor tool:
Image IPB

No videos from our side this time. You might see a video presentation of the new FIFE release soon nevertheless as the FreeGamer blog considers to cover the release with a short video soon. No final decision made yet but if it they actually create a video of this FIFE release, we'll let you know here :-)

Read the full release announcement at the FIFE developer blog.

It's time for a little FIFE update again :-) We're currently considering to change the name of the project or to choose at least a new meaning for the FIFE acronym to express that we've moved away from our initial Fallout roots. The engine is simply neither limited to Fallout-like games in particular nor to RPGs in general anymore.

We would like to hear what the community thinks about it. You got two weeks to bring up proposals for new names or new meanings for the FIFE acronym at our forums:
http://forums.fifengine.de/index.php?topic=93.0

After that we'll open a poll and all registered forums' users can vote for two choices from the list of all proposals. The poll will stay open for four weeks; after that the developers will try to agree on one name from the top 3 of the poll.

You can read about our plans in details at the developer blog:
http://mirror1.cvsdude.com/trac/fife/engine/wiki/2008/07/19/21.53

A little screenshot from work in progress FIFE-based game OpenAnno:
Image IPB

I plan to cover OpenAnno in the second episode of the FIFE community spotlight series soon. Stay tuned :-)

Last but not least: Urban Breznik, a friend of our team member Lamoot, was so kind to provide us with a draft for a new FIFE logo. We're interested in all kind of feedback concerning the draft. If the community thinks it suits the project we'll introduce it as new official FIFE logo after we decided on a new name (text can be adjusted; the cube itself would stay regardless of a possible name change). Discussion concerning the logo takes place at the forums:
http://forums.fifengine.de/index.php?topic=86.msg873#msg873

Image IPB

That's it from our side for today :-) see you at the next update.

• 2 semaines après...

Welcome to yet another FIFE update! This time we're proud to bring the second issue of the community spotlight series to you.

In this episode we cover the progress (or the lack of it) of the current FIFE-based projects in general but also the development of the OpenAnno project in detail. OpenAnno is a free and open source realtime economy simulation with strategy elements loosely oriented towards Sunflower's Anno series.

You can read the full community spotlight article at the FIFE developer blog.

Here is a little visual teaser for those who would like to get a first impression of OpenAnno before deciding if it's worth to dive into the mass of text. More screenshots can be found in the full article that is linked above.

Image IPB

Hello and welcome to yet another FIFE update :-)This time we'll cover the ongoing name change process of the project. We asked the community to send in proposals for a new name and new meanings for the FIFE acronym to underline that we've moved away from our Fallout roots. Now that the proposals have been sent in, we've opened a poll and every user who's registered at the forums got over three weeks to vote for two of the choices.Furthermore our artist Lamoot started working on two new tutorials that should help FIFE users to create nice-looking isometric graphics. The birthday of the FIFE project is nearing as well; just one month left until FIFE turns three! Last but not least we ask the community to lend us a hand to track down a bug that affects a rather huge number of Linux users. In case you running Linux and ATI hardware don't hesitate to get in contact with us!You can read about the details at the FIFE developer blog.

• 1 mois après...

Hello and welcome to yet another FIFE update!This time we got a whole pack of news for you today:- Linux OpenGL bug that was worrying us for over a year finally fixed by OpenAnno developer!- Rewrite of the rendering pipeline planned to improve performance and add the possibility of more advanced graphical features.- FIFE becomes the Flexible Isometric Free Engine.- 3 years of FIFE IRC birthday party at 2008/09/11.- Departure of a founding developer. Who will it be?You can read about it at the FIFE developer blog.

• 4 semaines après...

Hello and welcome to yet another FIFE news update!

This time we got quite some important news to announce: the FIFE-based real-time economy simulation and strategy game OpenAnno released its first public milestone recently. The primary purpose of this release is to show the framework in action and to attract some new interested developers for the OpenAnno project this way. Although there is rudimentary gameplay available, don't expect something too sophisticated our you'll end up disappointed. Their release comes in three flavours: precompiled binaries for 32 & 64bit Linux distros and a win32 installer:
* OpenAnno 2008.1 release download site

For the ones who want to get a first impression before downloading the release, there are screenshots and an official release trailer for your viewing pleasure :-)

Screenshot:
Image IPB

Release trailer:
* Low quality youtube version.
* High quality MKV version (H.264 + Ogg Vorbis >> Matroska container).

Read the full blog posting at the FIFE developer blog :-)

Hawk ou quelqun d'autre pourrais t'il traduire et résumé ou sa en est au final ? merci

C'est marrant on dirait du age of empire le screen, désolé j'ai pas trop le temps en ce moment.Ben apparement ils ont sorti OpenAnno => vidéo youtube c'est à base de FiFe et ça montre bien que les moteurs en vue isométrique existent encore.Tu peux le télécharger là :http://www.openanno.org/wiki/index.php/Release_2008.1mais aucune idée de comment ça marche.Voilà, ce fut un plaisir :D

pour me contacter: [email protected] -> [email protected]

• 3 mois après...

Hello and welcome to yet another FIFE news update :-)When I decided to step back from my position as project manager of FIFE so I could focus on my studies and private life back in September last year, I was hoping to find a new developer who would overtake my tasks and act as new project manager of FIFE. Unfortunately there were no long waiting queues of volunteers who would have liked to jump into this effort right away. On the other side I didn't invest much time and effort into finding a replacement for me as I was preparing for my final Latin exams back then. So now that that I got some spare free time on my hands, I'll tell you how you can contribute to the future of the FIFE project.LinuxDonald, the former project manager of the FIFE-based OpenAnno project, recently got in contact with me and volunteered for taking over the project management duties of FIFE. I was quite happy that he's interested in this position as that's a good chance to resume the development of the project, that is currently on halt. The idea to create a cross platform open source isometric 2d game engine is one that I still believe in; it's just that I lack the time and motivation to continue supporting this project by being responsible for a vast number of tasks. Therefore I would like to help handing over the project to an active development team as much as possible.You want to know, what the fuzz is about all about? Read the full news at the FIFE developer blog.

• 6 ans après...