Aller au contenu

Fallout Resurrection en anglais

Message ajouté par Kims

Une traduction de Fallout 1.5: Resurrection est actuellement en cours de réalisation par Fallout Génération.

Si vous désirez nous aider dans cette aventure, vous pouvez vous inscrire dans le groupe dédié afin d'avoir accès à notre logiciel de traduction collaboratif.

Une première version "alpha" du patch français est aussi disponible à cette adresse.

Messages recommandés

Je ne sais pas si vous en avez entendu parler, mais Fallout 1.5:Resurrection est un mod tchèque (avec un VSB dans la team), assez ambitieux.Ca se passe au nouveau Mexique, entre Fallout 1 & Fallout 2.La taille du jeu serait équivalente à Fallout 1, mais avec davantage de quêtes.Il y aura moins de compagnons que dans Fallout 2, mais ceux-ci seront davantage dévellopés.Il y a 80 maps et plus de 2 millions de lettres de texte.Plus de dix années auront été nécessaires pour le faire.Pour plus d'infos, voici leur présentations.http://resurrection.cz/en/info/http://www.nma-fallout.com/showthread.php?197107-Fallout-1-5-ResurrectionSi j'en parle maitenant, c'est que la traduction en anglais est semble-t-il, bien avancée.Ce qui fait que le jeu est désormais jouable pour ceux qui parlent la langue de shakespeare, et peut-être traduisible en français pour les plus motivés.Perso, je me lance dès que j'en ai fini avec le Mojave.

Edit : présentation dans la news, ICI

naossano.png.98ac3f1a9289cc90131bc3bf59856931.png

Pour la traduction du mod en anglais (par l'équipe d'origine), j'ai un doute sur le niveau d'avancement.

A mon avis il y a encore pas de mal de boulot. Pour l'instant la seule traduction dispo est une traduction "internet" améliorée. Je ne l'ai pas encore

testée mais je préfère attendre la traduction validée par l'équipe avant de me lancer dans le jeu. Je veux vraiment en profiter à fond.

Par contre les deux dev principaux du mod (Daemon et Ratman) n'ont semble t-il pas de compte sur NMA. On pourrait peut être les contacter pour connaitre

leur niveau d'avancement?

456823soda.gif

• 2 ans après...
  • 1 mois après...
Citation

So how much text is there in the end? I counted 2,471,214 characters (almost two and a half million!), which is definitely a lot.This also includes the text from all 19 holodisks.

http://resurrection.cz/en/75-resurrection-quantified/

Hmm, c'est vrai que je vois pas les fichiers textes. Je vais lui demander.

benf.thumb.png.9b3fe7970776e93792c8f88e04c5149d (1).png

Merci Hawk ;)

Il m'avait envoyé ça :

Citation

Hi,

I have give your contact to one guy who wishes to translate Resurrection to French. Hope you don't mind.

Texts are indeed in "text" folder in fores.dat file. You need something that will open it, for example http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/dat-explorer.172080/

I have prepared some basic info about our texts for you. It's actually lot of info, but it really covers only the basics. I have no doubt, I have forgot to mention something important. So feel free to ask about anything that isn't clear.

The text files have a file extension "msg", but it's just cleartext. To write them, we use the usual text editors: Notepad, PSPad, etc. You can for example modify the extension to TXT, but I'd recommend to just associate the MSG extension with your text editor of choice, so that you can straight away just open them.

The text inside these files looks like this:
{500}{}{Text} #Comments
The first pair of curly brackets contains the number of the given text (the line number, also called "node"), which is used for the scripts. The second pair of brackets is used for audio voice-over. We don't use that anywhere, so this will always be empty. The third pair of brackets contains the text, which will be shown in the game. This is the text you're interested in. The other stuff outside of these brackets, generally following the # symbol, are comments which are never shown in the game, which is why we haven't translated them.

Dialogue texts are for clarity split into blocks, each with the character's response and possible player's replies. The first line (or lines) is the text of the character, and underneath are always player's replies. Except for the dialog you can also find information window entries (the window located in the left bottom corner of the in-game interface) or floats (texts, which appear above character's head).

As I said previously, the comments have not been translated, so you won't be able to understand most of them. But you can still extract from them, where a particular player's reply leads (to what node), i.e. what the character will respond back. Such links are found in the comments in two versions. Either just #NODE 550 - meaning that if the player chooses this reply, the character will respond back with the text in node 550. Also, unless stated otherwise, the text refers to a character with intelligence higher than 3. You may also see the link in the from of #/4\/550\ - the first number refers to the minimum intelligence the player character must have to have this reply available. If instead of the number you see "L", it means that the player character must have IN<4 (IN as in Intelligence, L as in Low) for the reply to be available. Such a character cannot express itself very well, but more on that later. The second number refers to the note this reply will link to. In general, NODE 999 means regular end of dialogue, while NODE 998 means end of dialogue with the start of combat.

In floats, the descriptions of actions perfomed by the character are bounded by double colon, e.g. ::He scratched his nose.::
In dialogs, such descriptions are placed in square brackets.
Descriptions of players actions in the replies should be written in the infinitive, e.g. [Give him 50 caps.]

It's possible that part of the text is inserted with a script, for example player's name or the amount of caps. In such cases you will notice one line ending before the inserted text and then another line containing the text after the inserted text. In this case it's important to remember that the script inserted text comes without spaces, so these spaces must be contained in the actual text.

Sometimes you may encounter two lines of text which are identical. This is due to the fact that in the Czech version of the text, the text was split between male player character and female player character. When the text was translated, the differences between the two genders disappeared, and the texts became identical. Of course, having two texts doesn't hurt anyone. It's much simpler to just leave it like that, rather than combine the two. That would require modification of the scripts, which we'd like to avoid to keep the same scripts for both language versions. When translating into French, I think lot of the same lines in English will have to be different again in French regarding PC's sex. It should be clear from the comments which line is for which sex, there is either "muž" (the player character is male) or "žena" (the player character is female).

As previously mentioned, special texts are written for a dumb player character - i.e. a character with intelligence lower than 4. For completeness, here are the rules we gave to the translators to follow when translating these texts:

1) A dumb player character shouldn't sound too intelligent. We often had trouble with this when writing the original texts. The thing is that merely simplifying the words (e.g. putting verbs into the infinitive form) isn't enough, especially when the sentence structure is normal and complicated words are used. The dumb player character simply doesn't know many words, or can't even pronounce them. Often, they express themselves in interjections (sounds) or almost-incomprehensible babble.

2) The actual player should know, or at least suspect, the consequences of the chosen reply, unless it's the actual aim of the reply to keep it a secret (the reaction is unexpected or uncertain). You might see things like "Grrr!" for the start of combat, or "Bye-e!" to just normally end the conversation. It's also important for the player to be easily able to tell whether he is accepting or refusing a quest.

Holodisks:
I'm sending them in the attachment. The problem with them is, that they're in the game by individual lines. Meaning that when a line gets longer, that line will overflow the Pip-Boy screen. That's why we have texts for holodisk in separated txt files and only when the texts are final, we enter them into PIPBOY.msg with help of small tool. When you send me translated holodisk, I can do that for you.

btw. I recommend you to create dictionary with unique names from Resurrection so everybody translate them the same way. It isn't bad idea to include some Fallout names as well, not even in the original Fallouts was always every name written the same way (for example Vault-Tec, Pip-Boy, super mutant).

Regards
Daemon

J'ai pas encore tout lu.

Il faudra voir si une équipe est motivée à traduire. Il faut être honnête, il y a du boulot.

J'ai moi-même commencé à jouer, je le trouve très prometteur. 

Il y a 2 heures, Dr Gast a dit :

Ca m'étonnerait, en tout cas je n'ai rien lu de tel.

... C'est clair que pour le traduire, il FAUT y jouer avant.

Vu sur le site du mod

Can I at the same time have Restoration Project installed?

Yes. Resurrection doesn't change Fallout 2 in any way, whether it's a clean installation or one with Restoration Project installed http://resurrection.cz/en/faq/

Quelqu'un pourrait prendre en charge le projet ?

On va d'abord laisser le temps à chacun d'y jouer, mais ce serait bien que tous ceux qui veulent s'y impliquer un minimum fasse un retour. j'ai personnellement commencer.

Alors, je compte : 

Répondez dès que vous saurez si vous voulez participer.

Je pense que l'on fera la trad à l'aide de TitanPad, si personne n'y voit d'inconvénients, et un petit dictionnaire pour le projet.

Autre chose, éventuellement proposez à des gens de rpg france, étant donné qu'ils ont des projets de trad. Déjà évoqué avec @Dr Gast, mais il faudrait voir concrètement comment s'y prendre.

La tâche à accomplir est immense. Recruter les gens intéressés chez rpgfrance serait une idée. En tout cas certains de leurs traducteurs ont clairement un passif qui les qualifie de sérieux.

D'un point de vue personnel, j'aimerais retarder l'échéance dans le but de terminer Wasteland 2 et de profiter un peu de l'été. A ce titre, je me dis que 3 ans de travail de traduction, ça risque fort de mériter des retouches de leur part. On pourrait donc attendre la nouvelle version. En attendant, il est déjà possible pour les autres d'y jouer, puis de préparer un glossaire.

Je suis aussi impressionné par l'ampleur de la tâche, il faut être prêt à s'accrocher.

• 1 mois après...

Cet article parle de "quantité". Pas mal de boulot donc.

Les traducteurs anglais ont mis 3 ans et ils étaient 11. Tous bénévoles, la quantité de travail accompli par chacun diffère. Cela ne veut pas dire qu'on mettrait 3 ans (ou plus), mais il faut s'y préparer !

Le projet commencerait cet hiver. Le temps d'une nouvelle release et que j'y joue.

Tentative de résumé des participants (pour le moment) :

Citation

@Telmo ?

@BenF - Oui

@Kashain ?

@HeartLessRiku peut-être ?

Gast 

Quand vous aurez terminé le jeu, veuillez l'indiquer, svp.

Je viens de l'installer (sans y jouer) ... donc je suis à la bourre ?

Je vais faire de mon mieux pour entamer le jeux dès que possible ... 

Je viens d'installer wasteland 2 ( D'ta faute ça @Dr Gast ^^) alors bon j'ai pas tout mon temps de libre mais je devrais pouvoir trouver un créneau ...

Pourrais-je savoir combien de personnes il y a pour le moment sur la traduction svp ? (je suis bilingue ... je manque de pratique donc je perds un peu chaque année... ça va pas me faire de mal...)

Citation

Development of version 1.5 is still fully in progress, but already patch 1.5 contains many more changes than any previous patch. These changes fix bugs and make some small improvements. We'll release both a full version of 1.5 as well as a 1.5 patch that can be applied to any previous version. Saves from previous versions most likely won't be compatible with new version, though. This means that saves from version 1.4 won't load in version 1.5. But I think that with so many changes, it makes more sense to play the game from the start.

My guess is that version 1.5 will be released some time this November. For now, it isn't possible to give you a better time estimate. We'll no doubt let you know before its release, when we'll be able to determine a concrete release date.

Des infos importantes à propos du jeu en lui-même dans la dernière note sur le site officiel.

- Il y aura un patch "1.4 vers 1.5"...
 ... mais surtout, une nouvelle version de l'installateur directement en v.1.5.

- Au vu des nombreux changements, les sauvegardes issues des versions 1.4 et antérieures ne seront pas compatibles avec la version 1.5.

- Sortie estimée au mois de novembre ; ce sera une excellente base de travail ! Evidemment, si vous avez terminé le jeu avant, il ne sera pas obligatoire de le refaire.

• 1 mois après...

Posté chez rpgfrance (ici) :

Citation

Vous l'avez probablement noté, la version 1.5 devrait sortir le 17 novembre.

Malheureusement, à cause de lourds travaux dans l'immeuble, et de complications dans ma vie privée, je ne serai pas en mesure de diriger le projet avant l'année prochaine, normalement mais sans garantie.

Cela dit vous pouvez toujours vous signaler ici, ou là si vous souhaitez participer à la traduction dans le futur, voire diriger le projet.

• 2 mois après...